August is done, summer is over, here's how the month went for me...
Books read and reviewed:
- I am Najood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nijood Ali
- Father of the Rain by Lily King (reviewed by my mom)
- Party by Tom Leveen
- Half the Sky by Nicolas Kristoff and Sheryl WuDunn
- Perfect Shot by Debbie Rigaud
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Feed by MT Anderson
- Sharing our Homeland by Trish Marx
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Middle East Reading Challenge update:
I have read two books for my Middle East Reading Challenge, but other participants have read even more. Props have got to go out to Carina at Reading Through Life who had did a month of reading about Islam during Ramadan. Go check out her blog for a bunch of great reviews on all aspects of Islam. Other participants who have contributed reviews so far are Edi at Crazy Quilts, Connolly-Ahren at Col Reads, and Laughing Stars.