Deb Nance at Readerbuzz has taken over running The Sunday Salon.
My life in books over the past week:
- Odd Child Out by Gilly MacMillan
- Stay by Catherin Ryan Hyde
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert
- Diversity Reading Challenge--I have read 65 books.
- Literary Escapes--I have read books set in 39 states so far, adding none in the past 2 weeks. I have read in 58 countries so far, adding none in the past 2 weeks.
- Motif Reading Challenge--The December motif is "Last Chance" (read a book you've been meaning to read this year. I counted Odd Child Out by Gilly MacMillan
- Non-fiction--I have read 26 books so far.
- My Own Books--I read 21 books off my shelves from March 15 to May 15, 2019.
- Big Book Challenge--I read 8 books over 400 pages during the summer.
- YA Award Winners--I have read all 11 winners
- A to Z Reading--I have read books with titles for al l26 letters
The fun thing of this past week was that my brother was in town (poor guy, this is him right as I picked him up at the airport so he's crazy jet lagged). He lives in the UK so we only see each other once or twice a year. It was great to have him here for 5 days! We've just been hanging out and chatting, having dinners, and we got our Christmas tree today. I can't remember the last time just our nuclear family did that!
I also had a good week last week at work, which felt really good. I realize it's because I had more interaction with colleagues, ran a professional development session, and did some curriculum writing. Those are all my favorite parts of my job.
This is my 2,000 post! Compared to many of you, I realize that's not a ton, but it feels like a milestone to me. And, November was my 10 year blogoversary. So, two things to celebrate!