- Big Summer Book Challenge--1 book this week. 2 book total
- Literary Escapes Challenge--This week: 0 states and 2 countries. 18 states and 14 countries total
- Mount TBR Challenge--2 books read this week, 36 books total
- Popsugar reading challenge--1 books read this week, 26 books total
- Social Justice Challenge--0 books read this month, 5 books total
- YA Award Winners--0 books read this week, 7 books total
My life outside books:
Did you notice there are 2 books listed above?! I feel like I am back in the swing of reading.... wahooooo! And, I just noticed that all my 2020 posts link to my 2019 Google Map so I've just gone through and fixed every post. What a pain. How did I not notice this before June 21?! Here's the link to my 2020 Google Reading map.
COVID cases, hospitalizations, and ICU numbers are increasing in our county so I'm back to wearing gloves to the farmer's market and grocery store. Why aren't people taking this more seriously?! Why won't people wear masks? I just don't get how this has become a political issue rather than a health issue.
Although I am officially done with work, I've been doing work-related stuff (summer school class, re-opening of school work, and district-wide PD planning) almost all day every day. I do hope I force myself to take a break at some point this summer!
Bonnie at Bonnie's Books posted about a free online Yale African American History course. I am not going to "enroll" or buy the textbooks, but I will watch the lecture videos and think about the assignments. I am in learning mode!
This week's watching included the following. Who Killed Malcolm X was interesting, but could have been 4 instead of 6 episodes. Never Have I Ever is created by Mindy Kaling and I really enjoyed the first season; I hope they make more. We also finished Season 2 of The Crown, which I have watched before, but is new to my daughter.