Deb Nance at Readerbuzz has taken over running The Sunday Salon.
My life in books over the past week:
- Lost Child by Torey Hayden
- Verify by Joelle Charbonneau (DNF)
- Michigan vs the Boys by Carrie S. Allen
- Grenade by Alan Gratz
- A to Z Reading--I have read books with titles for 21 letters so far: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, and W.
- Diversity Reading Challenge--I have read 56 books.
- Literary Escapes--I have read books set in 33 states so far, adding no new states in the past 2 weeks. I have read in 51 countries so far, adding Okinawa in the past 2 weeks.
- Motif Reading Challenge--The October motif is "Tricks and Trades" (books set in a theater, an amusement park, a circus, or a book involving magic, illusions, or characters with special powers.)
- Non-fiction--I have read 23 books so far.
- My Own Books--I read 21 books off my shelves from March 15 to May 15, 2019.
- Big Book Challenge--I read 8 books over 400 pages during the summer.
- YA Award Winners--I have read all 11 winners
Well, I was called to Federal jury duty last week down in Los Angeles (2 hours away). I was not called into the jury box for the month long trial (!) so only had 2 nights down there. The jury selection was super interesting and I am sure the trial will hit headlines out here.
On a brighter side, my daughter is home for her 9-day October break, which is wonderful. We're having a really nice time just hanging out, going for walks, and spending time together.