Deb Nance at Readerbuzz has taken over running The Sunday Salon.
My life in books over the past two weeks:
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
- How We Disappeared by Jing-Jing Lee
- In the Land of Invisible Women by Qanta A. Ahmed
- Hurricane Child by Kheryn Callender
- A to Z Reading--I have read books with titles for 21 letters so far: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, and W.
- Diversity Reading Challenge--I have read 32 books.
- Literary Escapes--I have read books set in 26 states so far, adding the US Virgin Islands (not really a state, but officially part of the US) in the past two weeks. I have read in 37 countries so far, adding Saudi Arabia and Singapore in the past two weeks.
- Motif Reading Challenge--The May motif is "Read it in one sitting" and I am counting Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen
- Non-fiction--I have read 15 books so far.
- YA Award Winners--I have read 9 of the winners
- My Own Books--I read 21 books off my shelves.
So, here's my thoughts on some things I've been watching....
My daughter and I just watched the final season of New Girl; I love this sitcom. There is something about each character that makes me laugh out loud.
I am sad that the Big Bang Theory has ended; I really enjoyed that show and am not embarrassed to admit that Sheldon's final speech got me all choked up.
Did anyone else watch?
I just watched the movie Get Out and wow! What an interesting film; it reminds of old Twilight episodes. It is not what I expected (I thought it was a horror film, which it is not) and it is so well done. Did any of you see this one?