My life in books:
Since my last Sunday Salon, here's what I've read.
- The Atlas of Forgotten Places by Jenny D. Williams--wonderful book!
- The Rooster Bar by John Grisham--A Grisham with a twist
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds--YA and super good
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds--extraordinary YA
- Currently reading--The Librarian of Auschwitz
- Read Your Own Damn Books--My goal was to read 25 books from my TBR shelves this year and I am up to 40 so this challenge is feeling really good!
- Travel the World in Books--The idea is to read books set in as many countries as possible. I added Uganda and Senegal in the past two weeks to make it 34 countries.
- Literary Escapes--Similar to the previous challenge, this one tracks the US states. I didn't add any new states, but my total is 21 states so far.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners--complete
I am officially on winter break! Our last week or so of work was quite strange since it was cancelled for the last seven days due to the Thomas Fire. It turns out we are getting paid for the 7 days we're missing, don't have to take sick/vacation days, and we don't have to make up the days either. I, of course, got a bunch of work done during some of those days "off."
Big family news: my daughter was accepted to Vassar College for next year! Wahoooooo! We are both so excited as it is her number one choice. Vassar is in Poughkeepsie, New York, so it's very far away, but I know she will get a fantastic education, have a great time, and get to experience living in the snow. She has no idea how cold it will be!
I am watching the new/current seasons of:
- Madam Secretary
- Criminal Minds
- The Crown, season 2--Watched the whole season and loved it!