I realized that I've been putting "work" before "life/family", which is just wrong. So, I'm switching their order! Seems trivial, but it's not. A friend's mom passed away this week (at only 66) so it's got me thinking a lot of people I grew up with, moms, memories and more. I am balancing that with my brother and his family being in town for a couple weeks, which is great! My daughter, an only child, is loving having her three cousins here!
30 Days of Insight: Day 3 (5 songs to have on a deserted island and why)
- Don't Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFarrin. If I was stuck on a deserted island I would need something to keep me positive and this song would be the right attitude
- Viva la Vida by Cold Play. This is just one of my current favorites
- Let it Be by the Beatles. This one is an all-time favorite
- Imagine by John Lennon. Imagine is one of the most beautiful songs ever. Love the message!
- Mamma Mia by Abba. If I am stuck on a deserted island I will have to entertain myself and when I am not reading or figuring out how to get the heck off the island, I will dance.
School is creeping nearer and nearer. Though we don't start for a couple weeks, I seem to be at school at least once a week for meetings (staff development planning, helping other librarians, etc).
I received a copy of The Life You've Imagined by Kristina Riggle, which I am going to read as part of a TLC Tour. I just finished Irene Ziegler's Ashes to Water and will post my review as part of a TLC tour on September 1. But the author also sent me her first book, Rules of the Lake, which is sort of a prequel! And, since I liked Ashes to Water, I am looking forward to reading Rules of the Lake.
I have a give away going on for Half the Sky by Kristof and WuDunn. It is international and ends on August 19, 2010.