My favorite indie bookstore... (this mini-challenge is hosted by Kiki at Bookation)
I love Chaucer's bookstore here in Santa Barbara! I did a post about Chaucer's back in January. Here's my reasons for loving Chaucer's:
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff. These people know books. They read, they like books, and if they don't know what you are looking for they will find the staff member who does.
- They will order books for me if they don't stock what I want. And, it usually arrives in less than a week!
- They have books everywhere: on the shelves, on top of the shelves, on the floor, and behind the counter. But, it doens't feel messy or overwhelming.
- Location. They are located in the middle of town, which for me is on the way home from work (can be very dangerous)
- They don't have a coffee shop. I know, many people like that, but I think it's just a cover that the chain stores use to distract you from the salespeople who don't know much about books.
- They have impressive childrens'/YA/adult sections so all members of my family love it there.