Deb Nance at Readerbuzz runs The Sunday Salon.
This past week was my spring break and here's how I spent it in addition to walks and reading.
- Every day I attended a virtual tech conference, which was really good, but a ton of hours as there were sessions every day including last weekend
- Monday I had a colonoscopy, which went well, but who-boy that prep!
- Tuesday I went to the local Botanic Garden, which is always a nice way to spend time (see photo above) and I worked on the early stages of getting a new garden gate. I love my current one, which is made of bamboo, but it's starting to fall apart.
- Wednesday I framed some old family photos and think it turned out quite well (see photo above)
- Thursday I chopped down a huge ginger plant to make way for new trees that are going in on Saturday.
- Friday I went to a friends for a CABI party (like a Tupperware party, but for clothes and it was masked and outside)
- Saturday my trees went in (see photo below). I am so please with how they look! 2 of them are Coral Bark maples (yes, the bark turns red when there are no leaves) and the center one is a Japanese maple. It will be great to have that vast wall covered up a bit eventually
I am reading a book this week called Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor. My daughter recommended it to me saying it's one of the best books she's ever read and she really wants me to read it. It's magical realism/fantasy in post-apocalyptic Africa. So not my type of book, but so far it's actually pretty good. I'm keeping my mind open.
This graphic is a link to my Challenges page.