Deb Nance at Readerbuzz has taken over running The Sunday Salon.
Books read over the past week:
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain by Zaretta Hammond (for work--an amazing book and it counts for my Social Justice and Mount TBR challenges)
- Literary Escapes Challenge--This week: 0 states and 2 countries (Argentina and France). 13 states and 10 countries total
- Mount TBR Challenge--2 books read this week, 21 books total
- Popsugar reading challenge--1 book read this week, 16 books total
- Social Justice Challenge--1 book read this month, 3 book total
- YA Award Winners--I have already read 5 of the 12 award winning books
Between Coronavirus, the primary elections, and the president's stupid and mean public comments, I feel I've had enough of the news these days.
I drove down to LA airport last night and picked up my daughter for her spring break; it's so great to see her. We did wonder if she'll be going back to her college in New York in two weeks... do we think they'll join the growing number of colleges doing online learning for a while?
The big news in our house is that we got rid of cable yesterday! Finally. We will now get our entertainment from Netflix, Prime Video, AcornTV, and YouTubeTV. It feels good and my pocketbook is also going to be happy.