Deb Nance at Readerbuzz has taken over running The Sunday Salon.
My life in books over the past week:
- Diversity Reading Challenge--I have read 66 books.
- Literary Escapes--I have read books set in 39 states so far, adding none in the past 2 weeks. I have read in 58 countries so far, adding none in the past 2 weeks.
- Non-fiction--I have read 26 books so far.
- A to Z Reading--I have read books with titles for al l26 letters
- Big Book Challenge--I read 8 books over 400 pages during the summer
- Motif Reading Challenge--I read 10 of the 12 monthly motifs
- My Own Books--I read 21 books off my shelves from March 15 to May 15, 2019
- YA Award Winners--I have read all 11 winners
Well, I am officially on winter break from work for the next two weeks. It's going to be a really quiet Christmas around here as my daughter is in Oman with her dad visiting his family. It will be my first Christmas without her and I am really bummed about that.
But, I am determined to do things so that I am not sitting around wallowing in my bummed-ness. To that end, I've done all my Christmas shopping and Friday night I went up to Paso Robles (about 2 hours north) to see the Bruce Munro "Field of Lights" art installation. It's colored solar lights over 15 acres of rural land and it was stunning. We arrived at dusk and got to see the light becoming more and more vibrant as the night got darker.
Yesterday we went to a neighbor's house for a Christmas get together and later today we're going to the Quire of Voyces concert in a local church, which should be lovely.
I haven't read much lately since I've been catching up on the newest season of Schitt$ Creek. That show is just so funny!