Deb Nance at Readerbuzz has taken over running The Sunday Salon.
My life in books over the past week:
- The Lost Man by Jane Harper
- I Stop Somewhere by Te Carter
- In Pain: A Bioethicist's Personal Struggle with Opioids by Travis Rieder
- A to Z Reading--I have read books with titles for 21 letters so far: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, and W.
- Big Book Challenge--I have read 6 books over 400 pages.
- Diversity Reading Challenge--I have read 44 books.
- Literary Escapes--I have read books set in 32 states so far, adding Massachusetts in the past two week. I have read in 47 countries so far, adding Australia in the past week.
- Motif Reading Challenge--The August motif is "Mode of Transportation."
- Non-fiction--I have read 18 books so far.
- YA Award Winners--I have read 10 of the 11 winners
- My Own Books--I read 21 books off my shelves from March 15 to May 15, 2019.
Not much has happened in the past week. I've read, gone for walks, hung out with my daughter, and sat in the garden to relax.
Oh, wait. We've started listening to a new podcast: Ear Hustle. It is so good and interesting. The hosts are Earlonne, a male prisoner at San Quinten and Nigel, a female artist who volunteers at the prison. Each episode they talk about an aspect of life at San Quinten (cellmates, food, race, family visits, etc).