My life in books over the past week:
- The Reckoning by John Grisham--Adult fiction
- No Exit by Taylor Adams--creepy adult thriller
- Feminist Fight Club by Jessica Bennett--Adult non-fiction
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris--stunning adult historical fiction
- Big Book Summer Challenge--I read 5 books longer than 400 pages this summer.
- Non-fiction--I read 46 non-fiction books, far surpassing my goal of 20
- Literary Voyage around the world--I read books set in 41 countries.
- Literary Escapes--I read books set in 35 states.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners--I read all of the winners.
- Motif Reading Challenge--I completed all 12 motifs.
I haven't worked for the past week!Personal:
We had a great Christmas holiday with family visiting from the UK. Actually, my sister-in-law's family was also here so we had people in from China, Washington, Los Angeles, and the UK. We had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner, a nice walk on Christmas day after presents, and just hanging out spending time together.
We played a new game that the UK crowd introduced us to: Empire. It's a thinking and memory game that is really fun.
Happy New Year!