My life in books:
- National Geographic's The Splendor of Birds--lovely bird photography
- National Geographic's Field Guide to the Birds of North America--beautiful and useful
- The Bullet Journal Method by Ryder Carroll--Great if you are interested in journalling
- On Tyranny by Timothy Snyder--slim non-fiction adult book
- The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee--Totally fun YA
- What if it's Us by Albertalli and Silvera--fun YA rom-com
- Big Book Summer Challenge (complete)--I read 5 books longer than 400 pages this summer. This challenge is now done since summer has ended.
- Non-fiction (complete)--My goal is 20 books and I've read 43!
- Literary Voyage around the world--Read books set in as many countries as possible. I have read in 40 countries so far, and in the past two weeks added Switzerland and Algeria.
- Literary Escapes--Track the US states. I have read books set in 31 states so far and in the past two weeks added none.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners (complete)--I have already read all of the winners!
- Motif Reading Challenge--The November is Family, but I haven't read a book that fits this motif yet.
Not much to report from work. In fact, I took Friday off because for the past three days I've had a fever and sore throat. I think the fever has broken today, but the sore throat is still raging. Not fun.Personal:
Well, election night is over and I mostly feel good about the elections nation-wide. It's so great to see so many young women elected to office! And it also seems that more people of color won, so overall it's good.
The last couple of weeks have felt slow and a bit introspective so there isn't much to write about. Reading The Bullet Journal Method got me thinking a lot about how I am using my bullet journal and why I include the things I do. I am going to revamp some of my practice and see how it goes.
I've also been taking an online sketch-noting class, which has been fun. I am not a good artist and am much better at copying so this is right up my alley while giving me good tools.
I binge watched a Netflix show called the Bodyguard (it's British), which I really enjoyed. It only has one season of 6 episodes so far so it's not one of those shows that goes on and on.