My life in books:
- The War Outside by Monica Hesse--YA historical fiction
- The Quiet You Carry by Nikki Barthelmess--Fantastic YA fiction
- Love is Love organized by Marc Andreyko--YA/adult graphic novel
- Little Boy Lost by JD Trafford--Adult fiction
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman--Intense adult novel
- Big Book Summer Challenge (complete)--I read 5 books longer than 400 pages this summer. This challenge is now done since summer has ended.
- Non-fiction (complete)--My goal is 20 books and I've read 38!
- Literary Voyage around the world--Read books set in as many countries as possible. I have read in 38 countries so far, and in the past two weeks added Norway.
- Literary Escapes--Track the US states. I have read books set in 31 states so far and in the past two weeks added Nevada.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners (complete)--I have already read all of the winners!
- Motif Reading Challenge--The October is New (2018) or Old (a classic) so I chose Bess and Frima (2018) by Alice Rosenthal.
Not much to report from work other than I've been doing way too much tech and not enough social studies. That bums me out because I am only supposed to be .2 tech. Oh well, I'm hoping that in November the tech frenzy will quiet down.Personal:
My daughter was here until the 19th and it was wonderful to see her. We didn't even do that much, just hung out, talked, and watched movies. We saw the Godfather, 4 Weddings and a Funeral, and Notting Hill, all of which I had seen before. But, it had been so long that I enjoyed seeing all three again.
I went on walks with friends, which is always wonderful. A bunch of my time has been taken up with physical therapy and doing the required exercises multiple times a day. I have frozen shoulder. It's painful and annoying, but will eventually go away. I am disheartened by the news. It's starting to get to me and I'm not even directly involved.