It's that time again... the Dewey Read-a-thon! And as usual, I am not reading as much as I hoped, but come people, it's mid-October and 80 degrees here so I feel like I should be outside a bit.
My companion today is Charlie, our 12-year-old miniature poodle. He doesn't read much, but he is nice and quiet and cuddly.
I have actually already finished one book: The Outside War by Monica Hesse
[Update 5:00pm] I have finished book two: The Quiet You Carry by Nikki Barthelmess (a debut coming out in 2019).
Here are the answers to the read-a-thon questions:
- What part of the world are you reading from today? Santa Barbara, CA
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Quiet You Carry by Nikki Barthelmess
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? Costco chocolate chip cookies
- Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a social studies and tech coach for a local school district. I read mostly YA, but also enjoy adult novels and narrative fiction.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I've done a bunch of read-a-thons and it's always the same: really great intentions to read huge amounts and, in reality, reading less than I hoped. But, I still enjoy myself!