My life in books:
Last weekend, I participated in the Dewey 24-hour readathon for the first time in a long time and boy did that feel good!
- Shake Up Learning by Kasey Bell--work book
- Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills--Light and fun YA romance
- The Art of Coaching by Elena Aguilar--work book
- Teach Like a Pirate by Dave Burgess--work book
- Ditch That Textbook by Matt Miller--work book
- Blended Learning by Catlin Tucker--work book
- Non-fiction--My goal is 20 books and I've read 24. I finished it and it's only May!
- Literary Voyage around the world--Read books set in as many countries as possible. I have read in 12 countries so far.
- Literary Escapes--Track the US states. I have read books set in 17 states so far and in the past weeks added Indianna.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners--I have already read 6 of these winners.
- Motif Reading Challenge--I have done this each month so far. For May the motif is Book to Screen and I am not sure what I am going to read for this one.
We finished negotiations and it went really well! What a relief. I feel so lucky compared to teachers in West Virginia, Arizona, Oklahoma, and other states where they don't have unions or good working conditions.
This has been a really tough year for our school district with fire, debris flow, earthquake, wind storms, multiple teachers out due to long term and/or terminal illness, multiple principals out, and other issues. It's been really tough and one of my roles has turned in to being there for people offering support, curriculum help, etc. It's a good place to be, but we are all just waiting for this school year to end.
I have been taking a really fun online class called Classy Graphics. I've learned about design, color, images, and how to use them all in my work and social media. The image above is my new Twitter banner using a photo I took ages ago. The one below is of personalized post-its that I designed.
It's the start of May, which means another Action for Happiness calendar. This month is Meaningful May.