My life in books:
Reading over the past couple of weeks ...
- The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck--a wonderful character study
- Cracker: the Best Dog in Vietnam by Cynthia K--an emotional novel of loyalty and friendship
- Tasting the Sky by Ibtisam Barakat--A memoir of growing up in Palestine
Currently reading: The Right Side by Spencer Quinn
- Read Your Own Damn Books--My goal is to read 25 books from my TBR shelves this year. So far I've read 27, adding 3 in the past two weeks!
- Travel the World in Books--The idea is to read books set in as many countries as possible. This week I added Palestine, Jordan, and Vietnam, and Germany which brings my total to 23 countries.
- Literary Escapes--Similar to the previous challenge, this one tracks the US states. In the past two weeks I added Maine, bringing my total to 16 states.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners--I only have one book left for this challenge.
School officially ended on Thursday, but I am now on a 200 day contract so I have an additional 13 days to work this summer. This coming week I am running some Google workshops with a wonderful colleague so that should be fun.
I have been trying to walk every day in preparation for the real training that begins later this month. I bought new walking shoes, which makes me realize how worn out my old ones are! I've raised all the money that I am required to raise ($1,800) so that feels really good. Now I can focus on the walking.
- The Amazing Race finished and I think it was a good season. I hope they do another round of it.
- I am now watching World of Dance because some of my daughter's friends from her time in the LA dance industry are on the show. There is some really great dancing, but I do find myself fast-forwarding through a bunch of it.
- I tried House of Cards and just couldn't continue after 6 episodes. I've now watched the first season of Madam Secretary and am really enjoying it. I totally loved the episode where Madeline Albright had a part!