I was tagged to complete the Happiness Tag by Anne of My Head is Full of Books
1. List 5 things that make you happy.
2. List 5 songs that make you happy.
3. List 5 bloggers that make you happy and let them know that they have been nominated.
5 things that make me happy
- Family--except for my parents and daughter, everyone is on another continent so I don't see them often enough. But, I think of them daily. Am I allowed to include my dog, Charlie, here?!
- Friends--I am not great at going out and doing stuff with friends anymore. I think that often happens when you are a single parent. But, my daughter is going away to boarding school this month so perhaps I'll get myself out and about more.
- Reading (I guess that's an obvious one, isn't it)
- Perfect weather (75 degrees and low humidity) so I can go for walks. This summer I've taken a daily walk to the beach with my daughter, which has been wonderful!
- Work--I know, I shouldn't mention work, but I really do like what I do, working with my colleagues, and being in education.
5 songs that make me happy
Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
Imagine by John Lennon
Any Madonna song from the Like a Virgin album (it's the soundtrack of my college years)
Hotel California by the Eagles
Karma Chameleon by Culture Club
(this could change any day now, but lately we've been singing and dancing to it so it's on my mind this week)
5 bloggers that make me happy
I broke the rules and I've listed 6 bloggers that make me happy. I think I've been following these blogs since I started book blogging in 2009!
- Anne at My Head is Full of Books
- Annette at Annette's Book Spot
- Aths at Reading on a Rainy Day
- Bonnie at Bonnie's Books
- Ti at Book Chatter
- Florinda at The 3 R's Blog