The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists.
Top Ten Bookish (and blogging) goals for 2011...
- Comment more. I need to learn to be more efficient with my Google Reader. I subscribe to too many blogs and so sometimes I find that I just click through and read but don't comment. I love the conversations so this year I resolve to comment more
- Read for me. I want to read more books that I chose rather than take on tour books that I don't really want to read. I've been known to take on a tour book or book from an author because of guilt.
- Abandon earlier. I need to abandon books earlier if they aren't suiting me. This doesn't happen very often, but I tend to give a book about 75 pages before giving up. How many pages do you go before you know a book just isn't for you?
- More reading time. At this point it's only half an hour just before I go to bed and that just isn't enough. I'd like to add reading during my lunch break (only 30 minutes, but still, it's something)
- Track books. I'd like to do a better job of writing down books I see on other people's blogs that I know I would like
- Empty the TBR shelf. My TBR shelf has gotten a bit out of control and I need to read what I've got before buying more. I am doing a challenge this year to help with this
- Book displays. Do better book displays at work (I am a high school teacher librarian)
- SSR (Silent Sustained Reading). I want to create a great SSR lesson to do in the freshman classes at work. Mine is a bit weak.
- My daughter. I want to help my daughter get back into reading like she was doing last year. She read a lot and loved the books I found for her. This year (5th grade) she has so much homework that reading for pleasure has taken a real dive.
- My Kindle. I'd like to use my Kindle more effectively. I know I'll only use it when I travel, but I tend to avoid even that and take stacks of books. So I resolve to take only the Kindle when I travel this year.