Sunday, April 11, 2010
Sunday Salon: Dewey Read-a-Thon round up
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? No hour was tough for me, but I began at 5am and went to bed at 10pm and I ended up having a lot of breaks this time around.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I am definitely enjoying Shine, Coconut Moon by Neesha Meminger
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? It always seems so smooth! The posts are on time, the challenges are fun, the cheerleaders are encouraging!
5. How many books did you read? 2 and a half
6. What were the names of the books you read? Gym Candy by Carl Deuker, Candor by Pam Borshaz, and I am part way through Shine, Coconut Moon by Neesha Meminger
7. Which book did you enjoy most? So far, Shine, Coconut Moon
8. Which did you enjoy least? Gym Candy (too much football for me, but great for YA boys)
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't a cheerleader, but I wish I had visited more blogs to see what others were reading and doing
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I am very likely to participate again! Next time I'd like to do a shift as a cheerleader