I just got the Honest Scrap Award from Helen at Helen Loves Books. Thanks, Helen!
The rules for this award are:
1. The Honest Scrap Blogger Award must be shared.
2. The recipient has to tell 10 (true) things about themselves that no one else knows.
3. The recipient has to pass on the award to 7 more bloggers.
4. Those 7 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
Here are my 10 things that the book blogging community doesn't know about me
1. I have nut allergies, which serves me quite well because it means there are lots of desserts/goodies I avoid
2. I am the unofficial historian/secretary/record keeper for my two book groups
3. I am getting a family painting done by Mark Ulriksen (artist of New Yorker covers) and am excited and nervous to see what he comes up with!
4. When I was in junior high all my girl friends read the Anne McCaffrey Dragon books and talked about them ALL the time. I wasn't into reading yet and it drove me crazy!
5. In April of last year I put on a poetry slam in my library and it was a huge success, which was a surprise to me. So, this April we'll do it again
6. I love to travel and try to go on a significant trip each school vacation
7. I like to knit, but only do it in spurts, sometimes having years in between projects
8. I didn't like history in high school, but ended up teaching it for 15 years! I discovered a love of history in college while reading historical fiction and taking a religious studies/history course on the Holocaust
9. I enjoy reality shows...sometimes (Amazing Race and So You Think You Can Dance)
10. I performed with a swing dance troupe for years before I had my daughter
I'm not passing this award on to 7 blogs since I feel like I've just recently passed on awards to lots of blogs:
1. Reading in Color (I know, I've given her awards before, but she is really doing some important stuff for POC)
2. Bookie Bunch (fairly new to me)
3. The Book Blogger