- Big Summer Book Challenge--5 books total (completed)
- Literary Escapes Challenge--0 states and 0 countries read this week. 26 states and 27 countries total
- Mount TBR Challenge--1 book read this week, 66 books total
- Popsugar reading challenge--1 books read this week, 35 books total
- Social Justice Challenge--1 book read this month, 12 books total
- YA Award Winners--0 books read this week, 8 books total
My life outside books:
Where did this week go?! One minute it was Sunday evening and here we are again; it felt like a whirlwind week. I've had lots of evening responsibilities with Board meetings, teacher workshops, and negotiations so not a lot of down time.
This weekend my dad found an article and recipe in the New York Times for the "perfect chocolate chip cookie" so we made the dough yesterday and later today will cook them. I have high hopes for these cookies so they better be good! We also got some persimmons from a friend so plan to make persimmon bread when they are a little riper. They aren't a fruit I ever think of, so I am looking forward to the bread.
Our local university is having some great virtual events and Monday night I attended an interesting panel discussion with: Tamika Mallory, founder of the Woman's March; Anton Pinto, a DC lawyer and do-founder with Tamika of Until Freedom (a social justice group); and Tamika Parker, Breonna Taylor's mom. They talked about their work for equity and social justice, which was interesting, powerful, and inspiring. This coming Monday I'll hear Ibram X. Kendi, author of How to Be An Antiracist, speak.