- Big Summer Book Challenge--1 books this week. 5 books total
- Literary Escapes Challenge--This week: 0 states and 1 country. 24 states and 25 countries total
- Mount TBR Challenge--2 book read this week, 54 books total
- Popsugar reading challenge--2 books read this week, 33 books total
- Social Justice Challenge--1 books read this month, 9 books total
- YA Award Winners--1 books read this week, 8 books total
My life outside books:
I am taking an online noncredit course at our local community college called Building an Equity Mindset. It's really interesting so far and the professor does a great job of giving directions and explaining herself, which makes me hope our teachers are doing the same thing.
I have started having disturbing dreams based on the horrifying events taking place in this country. Killings of innocent people, elections that go horribly wrong, liars, etc. It's really getting to me. At the dinner table my parents I have have semi-serious discussions about moving back to the UK if he-who-shall-not-be-named wins again.
We're in the midst of a heatwave in southern California and, in addition, we've got sundowner winds in my town, which is a recipe for disaster (read: fires). Let's hope nothing happens!
To make sure I take time this three-day weekend, I am mostly staying home, reading (I read one book today that will get posted for a tour at the end of the week) and I've watched two new shows so far. Ballroom Boys was ok, just a 45-minute episode on Acorn. But, I think I am going to like watching Transplant on NBC; it's great to see an Arab person as a main character, speaking both Arabic and English, and not as a terrorist or bad guy. In fact, he's a talented doctor who has fled the war in Syria. Now I just have to see if I can stand all the medical procedures they show.
I bought myself two graphic t-shirts recently and they make me happy. Do either of these hold meaning for you?