- Vera Kelly is not a Mystery by Rosalie Knecht
- Big Summer Book Challenge--0 books this week. 3 books total
- Literary Escapes Challenge--This week: 0 states and 0 countries. 22 states and 21 countries total
- Mount TBR Challenge--1 book read this week, 48 books total
- Popsugar reading challenge--0 books read this week, 31 books total
- Social Justice Challenge--0 books read this month, 7 books total
- YA Award Winners--0 books read this week, 7 books total
My life outside books:
The fact that I only read one book this week, and not a long one at that, should tell you what kind of week I've had. BUSY! We are in the final stretches of getting ready to go back to school (all remote) so I've been negotiating, getting professional development ready, helping teachers who are doing the professional development I've already put out, and, of course, meeting about all of it.
On top of that I helped run a teacher institute this week with the California Global Education Project at the University of California, Santa Barbara (also remote). Our theme was displacement and it was really interesting with faculty, graduate student, and undergraduate speakers whose work centers on refugees and displacement. We also had guest speakers who are/were refugees as well as humanitarian aid workers.
The only other exciting thing that happened, and don't get your hopes up, was that my daughter and I got our new mattresses this week. My sleep has felt really good ever since! I love a firm mattress so it feels good to have one that isn't sagging any more.