- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- Big Summer Book Challenge--1 book this week. 1 book total
- Literary Escapes Challenge--This week: 0 states and 2 countries. 18 states and 14 countries total
- Mount TBR Challenge--1 book read this week, 34 books total
- Popsugar reading challenge--0 books read this week, 23 books total
- Social Justice Challenge--0 books read this month, 5 books total
- YA Award Winners--0 books read this week, 7 books total
My life outside books:
I read a book! And it was over 500 pages long! What a great feeling. I think I needed the right book and Pachinko did the trick.
I've started teaching online Government class, but it is a real disappointment. Only 4 students needed to take it (it's for those that failed during the school year) and 3 of them have done no work in the first 5 days. Lots of me and their counselors urging them on, but they just aren't doing it. It mades me sad that they don't feel compelled to try to finish high school. I think for these four, there are just too many obstacles, only one of which is the American Government course.
My daughter and I have dedicated each evening to watching a "Black Lives Matter" movie. I recommend all but Marshall. I was disappointed in that movie because it was all about a white guy who did a trial with Marshall as his backup. Why didn't they do a trial that Marshall himself argued, like Brown v Board of Education?