Deb Nance at Readerbuzz runs The Sunday Salon.
Books read over the past week:
- The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
When I posted my review of The Giver of Stars, a commenter told me about the plagiarism accusations against Jojo Moyes regarding this book. Very sad that a prolific author would steal from a lesser-known author.
- Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell
- Literary Escapes Challenge--This week: 1 state and 0 countries. 16 states and 10 countries total
- Mount TBR Challenge--2 books read this week, 23 books total
- Popsugar reading challenge--1 book read this week, 19 books total
- Social Justice Challenge--1 book read this month, 3 books total
- YA Award Winners--1 book read this week, 7 books total
I am going to create a Quarantine Journal as part of a project organized by a group (person?) whose goal is to "Keep Creativity and Community Alive through Collaborative Journaling." I am not going to post my efforts, but many people are and you can follow and contribute to their journey on Instagram (@QuarantineJournalProject). We are creating the primary sources for future generations.
One of my parents' friends turned 93 on Wednesday and, of course, is shut in. So, I organized a few carloads to surprise him by lining our cars up in his driveway and singing Happy Birthday to him. He was brought to tears and was so happy to see all of us, know we are thinking about him, and to connect. So little effort on our part to make him feel good.
In addition to 30 Rock and The Marvelous Ms. Maisal, I watched 2 movies this week that are for my daughter's college courses.
Our district officially began online learning this past Wednesday and it seems to be going as well as can be expected. For the most part teachers are checking in with students, seeing how everyone is doing, who needs help, etc. The "real" learning begins Monday. I am getting fewer help requests from my colleagues as the days progress so that's a good sign.