Deb Nance at Readerbuzz runs The Sunday Salon.
Books read over the past week:
- Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You by Jason Reynolds and Ibram X. Kendi
- Ziggy, Stardust and Me by James Brandon
- Literary Escapes Challenge--This week: 0 states and 0 countries. 16 states and 10 countries total
- Mount TBR Challenge--2 books read this week, 25 books total
- Popsugar reading challenge--0 books read this week, 19 books total
- Social Justice Challenge--1 book read this month, 4 books total
- YA Award Winners--0 books read this week, 7 books total
I received an email from a friend this week saying that whenever she sees book-related articles she thinks of me (yay!). One of the links she included was a list of the NY Public Library's top check outs of all times. I love this list! I used to look up this information in my school library when I was the librarian and I always found it fascinating.
Here's my pandemic advice for the week: use dishwashing gloves for all your activities that require you to leave the house. Mine are playtex and fit quite closely so do not hinder me from doing anything and I can wash them as if I am washing my hands to reuse over and over again. Available on Amazon (be sure to check the size).
Happy Easter to those who celebrate! The only Eastery thing we're doing is putting a beautiful spring table cloth on the table. My grandmother embroidered it and it would have been her 101st Birthday this past week so it seems fitting.