Deb Nance at Readerbuzz runs The Sunday Salon.
Books read over the past week:
- The Field Guide to the North American Teenager by Ben Philippe
- Hour of the Assassin by Matthew Quirk
- Literary Escapes Challenge--This week: 1 state and 0 countries. 15 states and 10 countries total
- Mount TBR Challenge--0 books read this week, 21 books total
- Popsugar reading challenge--1 book read this week, 18 books total
- Social Justice Challenge--1 book read this month, 3 books total
- YA Award Winners--1 book read this week, 7 books total
Well, we're about to enter week 3 of sheltering in place in California and, at least in our county, it seems to be helping though we're up to 62 known cases, doubling our number in the past few days. They say it's because they are testing more people and that's what I want to believe. Lines are a bit shorter at the grocery stores, people have stopped panic-buying toilet paper, and the shelves are (mostly) stocked. I do find it interesting what is difficult to find, for example, why is yogurt in high demand?
I have received the "Uplifting exchange" email at least 3 times so far and have received about 6 uplifting poems and songs back from a strangers, friends of friends, and people I love. It really is a wonderful thing in this tumultuous time!
Tomorrow and Tuesday will be filled with zoom meetings for me as our spring break ends and we prepare to begin online teaching on Wednesday.