Deb Nance at Readerbuzz has taken over running The Sunday Salon.
My life in books over the past week:
- How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Home Truths by Susan Lewis
- Cursed by Karol Ruth Silverstein
- Literary Escapes Challenge--This week: 2 states (AL, WV) and 1 country (Ghana). 13 states and 6 countries total
- Mount TBR Challenge--5 book read this week, 18 books total
- Popsugar reading challenge--2 book read this week, 14 books total
- Social Justice Challenge--1 book read this month, 2 book total
- YA Award Winners--I have already read 5 of the 12 award winning books
The CYBILS have been announced and I had a really good time as a round 2 judge for YA fiction. Here's my post about it which has a link to all the winners.
Things are going well these days, a definite improvement from the fall, thank goodness! I feel like I have my mojo back at work and that is in part due to a a new group I have formed with some of our social studies teachers: #DisruptHistory. And that's what we plan to do. We're going to increase the student-centered learning (got to get them away from too many teacher-directed lectures!) and moving away from the white/European-centered teaching that dominates history. I've been doing a lot of equity/social justice reading and work on myself and am excited to make an impact in some of our classrooms. I am taking a graphics class so have designed a logo (totally out of my comfort zone), which I am getting made into stickers for the participating teachers.