Deb Nance at Readerbuzz has taken over running The Sunday Salon.
My life in books over the past week:
- A to Z Reading--I have read books with titles for 21 letters so far: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, and W.
- Diversity Reading Challenge--I have read 48 books.
- Literary Escapes--I have read books set in 33 states so far, adding no new states in the past week. I have read in 50 countries so far, adding Nigeria in the past week.
- Motif Reading Challenge--The August motif is "Mode of Transportation."
- Non-fiction--I have read 19 books so far.
- YA Award Winners--I have read 10 of the 11 winners
- My Own Books--I read 21 books off my shelves from March 15 to May 15, 2019.
- Big Book Challenge--I read 8 books over 400 pages during the summer.
This coming week begins my Listening Tour where I am going to each of our 19 schools to hear concerns from the teachers so we can decide what to negotiate with the district in the spring. Salary is always on the table and I think this year teachers are especially unhappy about the cost of our health insurance. Of course, those issues class since there is just one pot of money.
Last weekend I participated in the Walk for Suicide Prevention with a couple friends, one of whom is a survivor. It was in intense day. I walked in honor of three childhood friends who succumbed to their depression, which made it all the more meaningful.
I just re-read this post and realize the personal section is a real downer. But, I don't feel down. Our downtown area has temporary free little libraries that are shaped like various punctuation marks, and it is really fun to see people giving and taking books in such public places.
And I have a question for all of you. Apple just had their "Apple Event" where they announced their new products. And, as with most years, I am considering getting an Apple Watch.
Do you have an AppleWatch? What do you like about it?