I just saw that Anne at My Head is Full of Books is having a read "my own books" challenge and since my shelves are full of books I "need" to read, I am joining in. Here are the directions:
How to get started:
- Select up to ten books that you own.
- Write their titles on slips of paper. Draw out one paper at a time to create your reading order. (This will help eliminate you choosing the newest editions, the shortest, the ones you want to read the most, etc. first. It will randomize the selection.)
- Publish that list in an intro blogpost or on Facebook, linking back to this post.
- Sign up on the linky.
Once you have finished a book, decide what you want to do with it.
- Keep it and return it to your shelf.
- Donate it to a charity like the public library for their annual book sale.
- Give it away to a friend or relative you think my like it.
- Sell it, if you can find a buyer.
- Toss it in the trash, it was that bad! Ha!
Here's my list of 10 books in the order I will read them. I might be cheating in that I am including books that I am reading for TLC Book Tours. Hey, they're mine since they are on my shelves, right?! I may not read all ten, but I will do my best to read as many as possible.
- Daughter of Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
- Nothing is Forgotten by Peter Golden (TLC Book Tour)
- Immoral Code by Lillian Clark
- The Eighth Sister by Robert Dugoni (TLC Book Tour)
- The Rent Collector by Camron Wright
- Before She Was Found by Heather Gudenkauf (TLC Book Tour)
- Less by Andrew Sean Greer
- Swing by Kwame Alexander
- Let's Go Swimming on Doomsday by Natalie C. Anderson