My life in books:
- Tear Me Apart by J.T. Ellison--good adult mystery
- The History of Jane Doe by Michael Belanger
- Hero Dogs by Wilma Melville and Paul Lobo--wonderful adult non-fiction that comes out in January
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo--YA in verse
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
- And Tango Makes Three by Peter Pernall and Justin Richardson
- George by Alex Gino
- Big Book Summer Challenge--I read 5 books longer than 400 pages this summer. This challenge is now done since summer has ended.
- Non-fiction--My goal is 20 books and I've read 37!
- Literary Voyage around the world--Read books set in as many countries as possible. I have read in 36 countries so far, and in the past two weeks added Haiti.
- Literary Escapes--Track the US states. I have read books set in 29 states so far and this round added Louisiana.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners (complete)--I have already read all of the winners!
- Motif Reading Challenge--The September is Spooky so I counted People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins.
Things have finally calmed down at work and I feel like I am adjusting to "normal" work days again. For the past two weeks we've been registering and pre-registering students to vote, which is a big effort by the California Secretary of State.
This weekend is my 35th high school reunion and it feels so good to have it done since I have been organizing it for at least the past 10 months. Friday night about 20 of us met for dinner/drinks at a long-established local restaurant called Harry's. It was a nice entry into the weekend. It was also our school's Homecoming football game so a bunch of classmates attended the game. We won 48-0 over our cross-town rival, the school where I worked for 21 years.