My life in books:
- From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon--a fun YA novel
- The Stars Beneath Our Feet by David Barclay Moore--ALA Award winner
- Lucky Broken Girl by Ruth Behar--Award winning YA fiction
- People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins--important YA fiction
- She Loves You, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah by Ann Hood--a fun middle grade novel
- A Hope More Powerful than the Sea by Melissa Fleming--Award-winning Adult non-fiction
- Big Book Summer Challenge--I read 5 books longer than 400 pages this summer. This challenge is now done since summer has ended.
- Non-fiction--My goal is 20 books and I've read 36!
- Literary Voyage around the world--Read books set in as many countries as possible. I have read in 35 countries so far, and in the past two weeks added Jordan and Sweden.
- Literary Escapes--Track the US states. I have read books set in 28 states so far and this round added Rhode Island.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners (complete)--I have already read all of the winners!
- Motif Reading Challenge--The September is Spooky so I counted People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins.
Whew! We have spent the past two weeks helping our ETS department resolve about 1500 tech tickets! And I've been organizing Voter Education Week for our high schools. In California, 16 and 17 year olds can pre-register to vote so I work with all our social studies teachers who teach 11th and 12th graders to give students the opportunity to register or pre-register.
I managed to fall this week when I was walking my dog. We don't have sidewalks so I was trying to get off the road as a car came toward me and I tripped and fell right on my knees. I'm fine, just scraped up and I've bruised some bones in my right hand.
Not much else is going on. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!