My life in books:
- Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann--Fascinating adult non-fiction
- Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch--Fun YA romance
- Inquiry Mindset by Trevor MacKenzie and Rebecca Bathurst-Hunt--a book for work
- Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson--YA
- Be Real: Educate from the Heart by Tara Martin--a book for work
- Non-fiction--My goal is 20 books and I've read 34!
- Literary Voyage around the world--Read books set in as many countries as possible. I have read in 33 countries so far.
- Literary Escapes--Track the US states. I have read books set in 23 states so far.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners--I have already read 6 of these winners.
- Motif Reading Challenge--The July motif is Travel so I did that with Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch.
- Summer Big Book: I have read 2 books that are longer than 400 pages so far this summer.
It's summer break so nothing!
My daughter and I took a last minute trip up to San Francisco for a few days. We went to the Museum of Modern Art (we go every time we are in SF), saw an exhibit about Japanese internment during World War II at the Presidio, viewed the Golden Gate bridge and Alcatraz, did a little shopping, and basically wandered around the city.
The secret thing we did is got my daughter her first tattoo! I had been thinking about getting her initial or her name for a year or so, occasionally looking at fonts and thinking about where on my body I wanted it. Then she suggested we get matching initials on our wrists. Well, I couldn't resist so I got an S and she got an H.
We also started binge watching the Mindy Project and I find it really funny and quirky. Oh and we're doing our annual Harry Potter marathon. We're watching #4 today.