My life in books:
- Not that I Could Tell by Jessica Strawser
- Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp
- The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn--exciting adult thriller
- Non-fiction--My goal is 20 books and I've still read 19. I didn't add any in the past two weeks.
- Literary Voyage around the world--Read books set in as many countries as possible. I have read in 12 countries so far.
- Literary Escapes--Track the US states. I have read books set in 16 states so far and in the past weeks added Alaska and Ohio.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners--I have already read 5 of these winners.
- Motif Reading Challenge--I have done this each month so far. For April the motif is Local, which I just found out includes my country so I am counting Before I Let Go by since it is set in the US.
Negotiations with our school district went really well last week and we are just about ready to send it out for a vote. It feels so good that this is becoming a collaborative, calm process with respect on both sides!
My daughter and I were supposed to go to New York to visit the college she is going to next year, but a couple days before the trip was to begin, we both just couldn't do it. We were still on antibiotics, we were tired, and we realized the trip was a ton of traveling (2 hour bus ride, 6 hour flight, 40 minute shuttle, 2 hour train ride each way) for a 2-day visit. So, we cancelled. We both wished we went, but we were both glad we had the days fo rest as well.
I did, however, got to Scottsdale, Arizona this past weekend, which is a much easier trip since it's only an hour flight from my local airport. I went with my best friends from growing up; I've known this group of women since 8th grade (one of them since I was 2 years old!). We had a weekend of relaxing and catching up, which we haven't done for about a year so it was really fun! There is something wonderful about being with people whom one has known for so long.
We went for a hike in the desert, which was fun, but way too hot. I am not good in the heat since I don't sweat so I just get super red and super hot.
We ate healthy, yummy food all weekend, and spent an afternoon lounging on the lazy river at the resort. Not a bad way to unwind. We were mostly device-free, which was really good.
And these yellow trees were in bloom all over Scottsdale