My life in books:
Reading over the past couple of weeks wasn't too bad as I read these books and I've also been reading a couple books for work.
- Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin--a mom goes missing and her kids really start thinking about her and what she means to them
- Rolling Blackouts: Dispatches from Turkey, Syria, and Iraq by Sarah Glidden--
- Baker's Secret by Stephen P. Kiernan--a touching and great WWII resistance novel
- Read Your Own Damn Books--My goal is to read 25 books from my TBR shelves this year. So far I've read 23, adding 3 in the past two weeks.
- Travel the World in Books--The idea is to read books set in as many countries as possible. I did really well with this challenge over the past two weeks! I added North Korea, South Korea, France, Turkey, Iraq, and Syria to my list since my last Sunday Salon.
- Literary Escapes--Similar to the previous challenge, this one tracks the US states. This month I didn't add any new states. Bummer.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners--Sort of pathetic as I didn't read any for this challenge either. But, I only have two categories left.
Nothing much to report except that I bought myself a stand-up desk, which makes me happy.
Since I'll be alone on Mother's Day, my mom bought me a Liberty puzzle to work on. To be honest, at first I thought it was weird, but I am so glad she did. It's an activity that keeps me busy and I love Liberty Puzzles. If you are into jigsaw puzzles at all you should definitely check them out! They are only available online, cost a bit too much, are made of wood and
And, it's Mother's Day here in the US so I've got to include a photo of my mom (with my dad). As I said, they are in the UK for a month so we won't celebrate together and, to be honest, I am not really one to do much for Mother's Day anyway; I feel like it's a Hallmark holiday. And since I live in the same house as my parents, I see my mother every day. But, she is wonderful, does so much for so many people, and is the glue of our family.
- I bought an AppleTV so that I can watch Netflix (and other apps) on my TV. Does anyone else out there have an AppleTV and have any suggestions for me?
- I finally watched JK Rowling's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the Harry Potter connection was fun. I loved that the muggle, Jacob, was so involved; he was such a sweet character!
- I also watched Minority Report, which I hated and turned off after 30 minutes.
- The Amazing Race is heating up and we're down to only 5 teams. I do love seeing where they travel to and this season has been fun, especially the scenes in Italy. I want to go back to Italy so badly!
- My new TV obsession is Big Bang Theory. I've seen it before, but it is so darn good and funny!