My life in books:
Now that it isn't spring break my reading has slowed down a bit again. And my daughter was here for a week so I wasn't reading as much.
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour--a YA novel dealing with family and emotion that is really well done
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon--super good novel about love and immigration
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo--a fabulous novel about a girl who is transgender
- Read Your Own Damn Books--My goal is to read 25 books from my TBR shelves this year. So far I've read 16, adding three this week.
- Travel the World in Books--The idea is to read books set in as many countries as possible. I didn't add any books set outside the US.
- Literary Escapes--Similar to the previous challenge, this one tracks the US states. This month I added a book read in Georgia.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners--One book I read this pas week was an ALA winner. I only have two categories left.
A new season of The Amazing Race has started so that's fun. This season the partners are all strangers, which is a new twist. They are heavily firefighters, police officers, and military personnel so I bet it's a physically demanding season. I also binge-watched the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why, which I liked and I've returned to watching old seasons of The Great British Bakeoff that I haven't seen yet.
My daughter was home for the second week of her spring break so that was really nice. We did a lot of hanging out together, which hasn't happened in a long time! Her first week of break she was on the east coast looking at colleges and Georgetown, Vassar, UPenn, and Wellesley ranked high for her. I am so interested and excited to see where she ends up applying and attending!
Happy Easter everyone!