I haven't done a book reading challenge in years, but when I saw Anne's post last week on completing the "Read all the ALA YA Award books of the year" challenge, I got all excited to do it. So, I've signed up and am eagerly awaiting January 23, 2017 when the winners will be announced. And, I mentioned it to a woman at work who said, "Journaling, reading, and a challenge? I'm in!" so now I have someone to talk about the books with in person!
1. Michael L. Printz Award (Best YA literature of the year)
2. Schneider Family Book Award (Teen living with a disability)
4. Margaret A. Edwards Award (Read one book by the winning author who has made a significant contribution to YA or Children's Lit)
6. William C. Morris Award (First YA novel by author)
7. YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults
8. Coretta Scott King Author Award (African American Author)