My life in books:
In the past two weeks I've read the following books (definitely fewer than I've been doing):
- Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse--YA Holocaust story set in the Netherlands. I liked this one.
- Safe Area Gorazde by Joe Sacco--Adult graphic novel about the war in Bosnia. It is intense, but interesting.
- Mother Tongue by Demetria Martinez--Adult novel. I wasn't as wowed by this as I had hoped, but it was good.
- I started to read If I Die in a Combat Zone by Tim O'Brien, but then got distracted when I went shopping at our local independent bookstore, Chaucer's. They had a 20% off sale so I bought books and I wanted to read one of them. So I read...
- Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton--YA and a fun read with a deeper message that is worth teens reading
As soon as I finished Diplomatic Immunity, I jumped into the latest John Grisham, The Whistler, which I also just purchased.
|Ben, my boss|
The positive is that this past Monday was our first all-Social Studies professional development day and I was in charge! 60 teachers plus 11 student teachers is a big group and I definitely felt the pressure to make the day worthwhile for them. I had them fill in an exit ticket and only 3 people said the day wasn't good so I will take that as a resounding success!
I hope you are having a great weekend!