This week many fortunate book bloggers are in New York City at the real BEA and Blogger Convention! But, for me, this is one of the busiest weeks of the year as seniors return all their library books and textbooks and get checked out for graduation. So, I am here at home and looking forward to participating in Armchair BEA and checking out other people's blogs.
All week book bloggers will post about various aspects of blogging:
- Monday, May 23--Who Am I and how do I Armchair (see answer below)
- Tuesday, May 24--Giveaways Galore and the Best of 2011
- Wednesday, May 25--Work the Network (blogger interviews)
- Thursday, May 26--Nurturing Relationships
- Friday, May 27--Blogging about Blogging
So, a little about me and my blog:
- I am a single mom with a ten-year-old daughter. We are fortunate enough to live in the same house as my parents (with our own living space) and are doing well with the multi-generational living.
- I was a history and government teacher, but am now a high school teacher librarian. I love my job since it combines books/reading with technology and teaching.
- I've been blogging since November 2009 and really enjoy the online community!
- As a teacher librarian and member of two book groups, I read a mixture of genres including fiction and non-fiction, both YA and adult (modern historical fiction, dystopian, romance, graphic novels, and more). My blog is mostly about books, but the personal does sometimes creep in.
- I am currently running the Middle East Reading Challenge, which lasts until the end of July. Minimum read is only one book so feel free to join in!
How I am doing Armchair BEA:
Since I cannot be in New York I wanted to participate in Armchair BEA (I didn't last year). I will try to post for each BEA topic this week but the two I am definite about are Tuesday's Giveaways (I've donated 6 books for giveaway on the BEA site) and on Wednesday I will be posting an interview of Olivia from Magical Books!