- "Old farts at a fancy ball" (My dad came up with this one. We have a fabulous photo of my parents going to a Christmas ball in 1963)
- We referenced her taking a certain exam (the GATE test)
As you can see we're not exactly having a sunny southern California day today!
Totally off topic, but since I changed my "headshot" in my Google account I shows up in people's comments and in their Google Friends as a question mark, as if it can't find my image. Does that mean I should re-follow people's blogs so my new image shows up? Does that add a fake additional follower to their numbers? I guess I can un-follow then re-follow each blog, but that seems like an awful lot of work! I'd love to hear any suggestions you have!
And, other people's headshots show up when I go to add a comment on my own blog, but then they don't show up in the post's comments. Again, any suggestions?
And, one more week until the Dewey Read-a-Thon on April 10! I am SO excited! I participated for the first time last October so now know what to expect. I am going to collect books to read throughout the week so that I have a good variety to choose from during the day. Here are some of the books I am considering so far:
- Indian Killer by Sherman Alexie
- Yoruba Girl Dancing (I keep saying I am going to read this one and I keep postponing)
- Body Drama
- Shine, Coconut Moon
- A YA GLBT (for the GLBT April mini-challenge)
The next weekend (April 16 and 17) I am hosting the California Read-a-Thon for California school libraries so I hope to get some more reading done then as well. But, who are we kidding? I might spend most of that weekend running the thing.