My life in books:
Reading over the past couple of weeks has been really slow since I spent two weeks ago nursing my daughter through wisdom teeth surgery and this past week we're on vacation so it's go, go, go.
- The Street of a Thousand Blossoms by Gail Tsukiyama--yet another wonderful book by this author
- The Right Side by Spencer Quinn--a woman Afghanistan vet deals with her PTSD
- Read Your Own Damn Books--My goal is to read 25 books from my TBR shelves this year. So far I've read 28, adding one in the past two weeks.
- Travel the World in Books--The idea is to read books set in as many countries as possible. In the past two weeks I added one new country: Japan.
- Literary Escapes--Similar to the previous challenge, this one tracks the US states. In the past two weeks I added no new states so I am still at 16 states total.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners--I only have one book left for this challenge.
Work is finished for the summer. Well, sort of. My normal job finished as of Friday, June 16 after I ran a couple days of Google trainings for our district teachers, which went well. But I am teaching an online American Government course starting July 1.
|University of St. Andrews|
- I finished all but one episode of Madam Secretary before we left home and I am looking forward to season 3 becoming available on Netflix. I thought I could watch the last episode of season 2, but it isn't on the British Netflix so now I have to wait until I get home.
- While up here in Scotland my daughter, niece, and I have been watching Designated Survivor each night, which I am quite enjoying even though bits of it are so far-fetched.