My life in books:
It's been a slow two weeks of reading! Since my last Sunday Salon that talked about books I've read the following books:
- The Unquiet Dead by Ausma Zehanat Khan--a good mystery set in Canada with strong ties to the history of the Srebrinca massacre in Bosnia.
- Wilde Lake by Laura Lippman--a fiction-memoir that was quite interesting
- Lucy and Linh by Alice Pung--a wonderful YA novel
- Rules of the Lake by Irene Ziegler--connected short stories
- In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear--a Maisie Dobbs mystery that if for review. I'll post it tomorrow
- When We Collide by Emery Lord--my current read
- Read Your Own Damn Books--My goal is to read 25 books from my TBR shelves this year. So far I've read 13 so I am doing really well on this one.
- Travel the World in Books--The idea is to read books set in as many countries as possible. This month I added a book set in Bosnia.
- Literary Escapes--Similar to the previous challenge, this one tracks the US states. This month I added a book set in Florida.
- Read all of the ALA YA Award Winners--I didn't add to this challenge.
I got to see my daughter yesterday! One of the best parts about the conference being in Palm Springs is that Sophia's boarding school is about half way between my house and Palm Springs. We had a relaxing lunch and got to catch up on all sorts of things. It's so much better in person than on the phone!